Thursday, September 1, 2011

Successful Transaction

Our apartment (and lots of other places like the gym, office and stuff) all have water coolers like you normally get in an office. They take 20l bottles I think and putting them in is an acquired skill. But that's a post for another day...

Because the story today is that I went to the shops, bought some coke and one of these bottles and organised to get it delivered to the apartment. ALL IN CHINESE!!!

Oh yes, I said hi, bought my wares, asked her if I could also have a large Nestle water (they're all Nestle for some reason, no idea why), told her the building number and apartment number and let her know I was going there now all in Mandarin. Which is pretty pleasing to me really.

They do assume that you want it delivered which makes that easier and I can only assume that she asked me if I'm going there now. So as long as the water arrives in the next half an hour or so, things are great!

(Ironically, the water arrived as I was in the process of writing this story, and it wasn't Nestle this time. Double success!!)

As well as this, the weather has markedly improved today. The sun has been out and the breeze has come up which has blown all the pollution/mist/smog/whatever it is away so it's blue skies hopefully for a few days. I took a couple of photos this evening on the way to the shop. Cause the shop is just outside the apartment block, it's pretty much some photos of our apartment compound.



No comments:

Post a Comment