Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Winter Is Coming....

Well, the summer couldn't last forever, Beijing is starting to cool down!
Last night coming back from Mandarin class was freezing and it's definitely cold in the mornings. When we left for Australia, it was about 26-27 and about 19 at night. When we came back it was about 24 and 15 at night. Now it's 18-19 and about 9 at night. And that's just in a few weeks!

Our Mandarin teacher (and lots of other people) keep saying that Beijing has no Autumn, it goes pretty much from Summer to Winter and I can see what they mean. We're definitely starting to break out the warmer clothes and the 5 weeks I spent wearing shorts may prove to be my record, at least until next year.

One thing I am excited about is the leaves turning. It seems to be a little dry in the city to get too much colour but apparently there are a few places to see the nice leaves on the trees. As soon as they fall, they pretty much get swept up, sweeping the streets and parks is a serious business here, lots of people seem to spend all their time just doing that.

Oh well, bring on the cooler weather I guess. With any luck it should cut down on the (other) tourists around anyway. We might have a bit more of a look around this weekend while we're still interested in going outside!

Bonus points for guessing the quote, Tom is not allowed to participate!

Is definitely missing everyone, but time to start planning Christmas I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Game of Thrones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot they have it on TV now, people don't have to read the thousands and thousands of pages. My quote is from "A Song of Ice and Fire" though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't quite place it...it'll come to me...

    After so many friggin' pages i'm not sure I even know anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty much. And only about 3 more years until the next book!

    ReplyDelete