Friday, October 14, 2011

Slack posting

It's been a little while since I posted anything, mostly because I've pretty much been doing work at home and not much else this week.

I definitely worked the most hours in a week that I've done while we've been here (which isn't saying much really!)

Anyway, Friday afternoon so I thought I'd go for a swim at the pool. I went Monday too so I'm not going too badly. I said hi to the lifeguard (partly cause he was down my end of the pool and partly because that is the most boring job in the world; they always look like they want to kill themselves or they're asleep) and did some laps. Cause the pool is only 25m, the laps rack up pretty quickly but by the time I got to 60 I decided I was feeling ok and that maybe I should try for 100. I haven't been regularly swimming that sort of distance since I was in training for my Divemasters which is a fair time ago now so it was a bit pleasing :). I did make my hundred laps (which sounds a lot further than 2.5km) and when I got out, the lifeguard came over and asked me in pretty broken English how many laps I'd done. Probably because I'd been there for a while and a bunch of people had come and gone since I started. I've rarely been so pleased to not know a word in Mandarin :) I can only count to 99!

Quite pleased it's the weekend though, and the Wallabies game is on Sunday at 4pm (Beijing time). We shall have to get to the bar early for decent seats but it should be a great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment