Saturday, December 3, 2011

Back to Aus

I'm on my way back to Australia for the week, work is flying me back. Unfortunately, they're flying me to Perth so I won't actually be able to catch up with many people (other than friends from work who are also coming over). I caught the train to the airport for the first time and I can highly recommend it. It costs 25 yuan (a bit less than $5) as compared with 60 yuan for a cab and it was about 30 minutes from buying my ticket to standing in line to check in, really good and efficient. Unfortunately it on;y runs until about 10pm but if the option is there then definitely take it!

So hanging around the airport is a bit weird, I've got some presents for the colleagues which will I expect have a mixed reception. So I'm just sitting here writing blog entries and listening to the guys on the electric golf carts drive around like nutters, beeping their horns at all the people walking who have the temerity to even slightly get in their way. I've also noticed that unlike normal airports where they drive you around when you're late, here you just give them 10 yuan and they drive you wherever. I'm tempted to pay the 10 yuan and just drive around for a while!
!
While I am a big fan of traveling in general, I'm not a huge fan of traveling on planes. I just don't enjoy the process of being locked in the tube with a bunch of people for 14 hours, I'm not sure that anyone does really. I'm also not a huge fan of traveling for work, but I guess I'm lucky in that someone else is paying for the ticket and all I have to do is make the journey. At least this also gives me another chance to stock up on things from Aus. So I'll be in Perth for about 4 days, then back to Beijing for 10 days, then off to Paris.

Now all I have to do is wait for the crazy stampede that will begin just before they call the flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment